I can’t believe my baby is no longer a baby.Â I opened up my e-mail tonight and instead of having a “your bay this week” from babycenter.com, I had a “your toddler this week.”Â Oi, not so sure I am ready for this.Â Jill did his pictures this morning and posted a few because she new that I would be super anxious to see them:). Thank you so much for doing such a great job Jill and thank you for taking the time in your very busy day to get a few edited for me!
Things Grant loves:
- Food.Â Really any kind will do, but he goes crazy over fruit.Â Today he ate three pieces of pizza and half a cupcake for lunch (they were small pieces of pizza, but still…)
- The cat…he loves to chase her and pull her hair out.Â Poor kitty.
- His Katie…he always brightens up when he sees her.Â I really don’t think he minds me going to work as long as she is babysitting.
- The snack cupboard.Â He knows where it is and he is always pulling stuff out of it.Â We may have to relocate that a little higher.
- His daddy.Â (and his mommy too)
- Going for walks (especially since walks usually go right past the ice cream shop…)
- HIs drawer in my china cabinet.Â He took over the bottom drawer and puts his toys in it.Â HeÂ is trying to take over a couple more drawers, but as of yet, I am holding ground.
- Play with his cousins…he is so lucky to have some that live close by.
- Take the DVD’s out of the entertainment center.Â So much fun to clean up after.
- Smack his tongue and blow raspberries at people…so much fun!
- Play with doors.Â Open them, close them and study how they work.
In the past week Grant has learned to:
- Give high 5′s
- WaveÂ bye bye
- Crawl from the car into the house (and shut the door behind him)
- Take bites off of bigger pieces of food (amazing since he doesn’t have any teeth yet).Â
So far I am loving having a one year old.Â He is a lot to keep up with because he is always on the move, but he is so much fun to interact with.Â I am excited to see all the new things he will learn this next year that we get to spend together.